OCCASIONALLY RECEPTION WILL NOT BE STAFFED BEFORE 8:00am AND AFTER 6:30pm AND ON SATURDAY MORNINGS. PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON THESE TIMES TO COLLECT PRESCRIPTIONS.
THE SURGERY IS CLOSED EVERY FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH IN THE AFTERNOON FOR TRAINING
For more information on our consulting times, please see our information pages
Please ring our main switchboard number on 020 3817 4117 to book an appointment.
WE ARE NOW OFFERING PATIENTS THE OPTION TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE BOOKING. YOU NEED TO REGISTER AT RECEPTION AND WILL BE GIVEN A UNIQUE ID AND PASSWORD TO ACCESS OUR APPOINTMENTS WEBSITE. HERE YOU CAN BOOK & CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENTS, ORDER REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS AND VIEW A SUMMARY OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORD- ALL IN ONE PLACE!
- We aim to offer you an appointment within two working days, though you may have to wait longer if you want to see a particular GP or want to be seen at a particular time of day. DUE TO STAFFING PROBLEMS AND INCREASED DEMAND, WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ABLE TO OFFER THIS ACCESS AND WAITING TIMES ARE LONGER!
- All appointments are of 10 minutes duration. Please let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can then give you a longer appointment. This also applies to any specific treatments or specialist clinics that you wish to book for, e.g. asthma review, diabetes review, cervical smear. Please always tell reception if you are booking for these clinics, because appointments have to be longer!
- Tell the doctor or nurse if you want someone to accompany you during an examination. Remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient.
- Urgent cases, i.e. those that seriously cannot wait until the next available, routine appointment will be seen on the day. In the majority of situations you will be seen by the duty nurse and referred to the doctor only when there is a clinical need to do so. PLEASE DO NOT MISUSE THIS SYSTEM FOR MINOR OR SELF LIMITING ILLNESSES! A COLD IS NOT AN EMERGENCY!
- If you have a telephone enquiry about your health care that reception staff is not qualified to answer, you can book a telephone consultation and the GP will call you back. On occasions this may result in you being asked to make an appointment for a face to face consultation.
We can visit you at home if your condition means you cannot attend the surgery – please appreciate that home visits should only be requested by housebound patients or patients genuinely too ill to attend the surgery. Please phone the surgery as early as possible, best before 10:30am.
Our doctors and nurses typically see four patients in the practice in the time it takes to do a single home visit.
For this reason, we ask our patients to come to the practice if at all possible!
We do not provide home visits because patients do not have transport!
You can help us by
- Being on time for your appointment – if you arrive 15 minutes or more past your appointed time you will not be seen and asked to re-book
- Letting us know if you need to cancel your appointment as early as possible so other patient’s can book your slot
- Calling for a home visit or urgent appointment before 10:30am
- Ringing for the results of tests after 2PM.